OUR MATERIALS + HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PIECES
925 Sterling Silver
*follow these tips for long lasting gold jewelry
1. Store your jewelry properly
Keep your jewelry in a cool and dark place when you aren't wearing it. Keep away from sunlight, moisture, and heat when possible.
2. Keep away from moisture
Accidentally wearing your jewelry in the shower a few times isn't the end of the world but continuous contact to moisture will almost guarantee tarnishing over time.
3. Wipe after use
A good habit to get into when storing your jewelry away is wiping it down before placing it somewhere safe. Anti-tarnish cloths come in handy for this.
4. Clean at the first sign of tarnishing
If wiping your jewelry down with a cloth doesn't remove it, there are a few steps you can take to get your jewelry clean again. See below for cleaning instructions.
5. Keep harsh chemicals away
Some people swear by using toothpaste, baking soda, bleach, and acetone to clean jewelry. In most cases, these options can scratch the surface of jewelry and wear down the surface of silver and make it look dull over time. See below for our suggested cleaning tips.
1. Fill up a cup with warm water with a couple drops of a mild dishwashing soap
2. Place your sterling silver jewelry into the cup and gently hand wash your jewelry
3. Utilize a cotton swab to get deep into tight corners and clean them out. Use an old toothbrush to clean away any tarnish that you can't remove by hand
4. Remove your sterling silver jewelry from the cup, wipe it down, and then allow it to air dry before you place it back into storage for safekeeping
*NO SPECIAL CLEANING PRODUCTS NECESSARY
*follow these tips for long lasting stainless steel gold plated jewelry
1. Remove jewelry before swimming in chlorine or salt water
2. Remove jewelry before participating in activities that will cause you to sweat a lot
3. Wait to put on your jewelry until after you have applied lotion, makeup or perfume
4. Avoid contact with anything hard that could scratch your jewelry (example: lifting weights)
5. Store jewelry in a dark, moisture free environment where it won’t rub against anything hard (our reusable soft jewelry pouches are perfect for storing one piece of jewelry)
1. After every use clean your jewelry with a cotton ball or soft cloth to remove any build up it has acquired
2. If your jewelry needs more cleaning, you may clean it with warm soapy water.
Soak it for a few minutes and wipe with a soft cloth or brush.
*Stay away from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have components that will make your jewelry tarnish