top of page

MATERIALS + CARE

DSC005716.jpg
  • What is 925 sterling silver?
    Most people have heard of 925 sterling silver but not many know what it is. Sterling silver is an alloy, which means it's a mixture of a few metals. Unlike pure silver or fine silver, sterling silver is 92.5% silver. That's where the name "925" comes from. The remaining 7.5% are other base metals, such as copper.
  • Is it hypoallergenic?
    It depends! Unfortunately we can't say it is for sure as there may be small traces of other metals such a nickel in our 925 sterling silver mixtures. However, we have tested every piece and even those who are sensitive have had no adverse reactions. If you are severely allergic or sensitive to metals such as nickel, we suggest you look into our 18k gold pieces that are 100% hypoallergenic, guaranteed!
  • Will it tarnish?
    Naturally 925 sterling silver will tarnish over time but with the right care, tarnishing can be prevented! See below for a few tips.
  • Why we love 925 sterling silver?
    1. Durability When taken care of correctly, 925 sterling silver jewelry can last a lifetime. Read above about how you can care and prevent tarnishing. 2. Affordability In comparison to other metals such as gold and platinum, sterling silver is an affordable option. It's inexpensive because of how often it is mined. 3. Easy to maintain 925 sterling silver doesn't require a lot of maintenance. Although, if worn excessively,

925 STERLING SILVER

925 Sterling Silver

Care Instructions

*follow these tips for long lasting gold jewelry

1. Store your jewelry properly

Keep your jewelry in a cool and dark place when you aren't wearing it. Keep away from sunlight, moisture, and heat when possible.

2. Keep away from moisture

Accidentally wearing your jewelry in the shower a few times isn't the end of the world but continuous contact to moisture will almost guarantee tarnishing over time.

3. Wipe after use

A good habit to get into when storing your jewelry away is wiping it down before placing it somewhere safe. Anti-tarnish cloths come in handy for this.

4. Clean at the first sign of tarnishing

If wiping your jewelry down with a cloth doesn't remove it, there are a few steps you can take to get your jewelry clean again. See below for cleaning instructions. 

5. Keep harsh chemicals away

Some people swear by using toothpaste, baking soda, bleach, and acetone to clean jewelry. In most cases, these options can scratch the surface of jewelry and wear down the surface of silver and make it look dull over time. See below for our suggested cleaning tips.

Cleaning Tips

1. Fill up a cup with warm water with a couple drops of a mild dishwashing soap

2. Place your sterling silver jewelry into the cup and gently hand wash your jewelry

3. Utilize a cotton swab to get deep into tight corners and clean them out. Use an old toothbrush to clean away any tarnish that you can't remove by hand

4. Remove your sterling silver jewelry from the cup, wipe it down, and then allow it to air dry before you place it back into storage for safekeeping

*NO SPECIAL CLEANING PRODUCTS NECESSARY

211028CEH-8497 (1).jpg

STAINLESS STEEL

Stanless Steel
  • What is 925 sterling silver?
    Most people have heard of 925 sterling silver but not many know what it is. Sterling silver is an alloy, which means it's a mixture of a few metals. Unlike pure silver or fine silver, sterling silver is 92.5% silver. That's where the name "925" comes from. The remaining 7.5% are other base metals, such as copper.
  • Is it hypoallergenic?
    It depends! Unfortunately we can't say it is for sure as there may be small traces of other metals such a nickel in our 925 sterling silver mixtures. However, we have tested every piece and even those who are sensitive have had no adverse reactions. If you are severely allergic or sensitive to metals such as nickel, we suggest you look into our 18k gold pieces that are 100% hypoallergenic, guaranteed!
  • Will it tarnish?
    Naturally 925 sterling silver will tarnish over time but with the right care, tarnishing can be prevented! See below for a few tips.
  • Why we love 925 sterling silver?
    1. Durability When taken care of correctly, 925 sterling silver jewelry can last a lifetime. Read above about how you can care and prevent tarnishing. 2. Affordability In comparison to other metals such as gold and platinum, sterling silver is an affordable option. It's inexpensive because of how often it is mined. 3. Easy to maintain 925 sterling silver doesn't require a lot of maintenance. Although, if worn excessively,

Care Instructions

*follow these tips for long lasting stainless steel gold plated jewelry

1. Remove jewelry before swimming in chlorine or salt water

 

2. Remove jewelry before participating in activities that will cause you to sweat a lot

 

3. Wait to put on your jewelry until after you have applied lotion, makeup or perfume

 

4. Avoid contact with anything hard that could scratch your jewelry (example: lifting weights)

 

5. Store jewelry in a dark, moisture free environment where it won’t rub against anything hard (our reusable soft jewelry pouches are perfect for storing one piece of jewelry)

Cleaning Tips

1. After every use clean your jewelry with a cotton ball or soft cloth to remove any build up it has acquired

 

2. If your jewelry needs more cleaning, you may clean it with warm soapy water.  Soak it for a few minutes and wipe with a soft cloth or brush.

*Stay away from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have components that will make your jewelry tarnish

bottom of page